SCROLL DOWN FOR LATEST UPDATES!
March 13, 2020 -- Parish-related cancellations and postponements:
- Men's CEW - postponed
- Holy Spirit COF Matching Funds Fish Fry (March 20) - cancelled until further notice
- Friday evening Stations of the Cross/Soup Suppers - cancelled until further notice
- Sunday evening Adoration, Social and Night Prayer - cancelled until further notice
- Cinnamon Bread sales - cancelled
- Daily and weekend Masses - cancelled beginning Thursday, March 19, 2020
- Religious Education programming - cancelled (until further notice)
- Choir rehearsal - cancelled until further notice
- BINGO at HG - cancelled until further notice
- TMIY (That Man is You) - cancelled until further notice
- All parish-related committee/council meeting - cancelled until further notice
- All group events such as card clubs and prayer groups - cancelled until further notice
- Confirmation Mass scheduled for May 10 at the Cathedral - cancelled but will be rescheduled at a later date
March 16, 2020 -- Message from Archbishop Jackels: https://dbqarch.org/archbishops-march-16-message
March 18, 2020 -- IMPORTANT PARISH/OPERATIONS UPDATE
March 20, 2020 -- LETTER FROM Fr. Steve
March 22, 2020 -- LINKS to Livestreaming:
- Archbishop Jackels: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZbqQORAMRk1AefEJJzI7Cg
- Fr. Bob Gross: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCobQe8StwVq0n7xkLPBzUvQ
- 9:30AM Rosary, 10AM Mass (Sunday, 3/20)
- Fr. Jacob Rouse: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB9StnbyOE9vSQJrAOC37IA
- Fr. Aaron Junge: Christ our Hope Cluster: https://www.facebook.com/ChristOurHopeCluster/
NEW >>>>>>>> March 23, 2020 - A Message from Archbishop Jackels:
23 March 2020, 1:00pm
Here is something I wanted to share with you:
Abstaining from Meat
The Catholic faithful in the Archdiocese of Dubuque are dispensed from the obligation to abstain from meat on Friday, 27 March 2020 and on Friday, 3 April 2020.
This dispensation does not apply to Good Friday, 10 April 2020.
This dispensation is granted in view of the difficulty people might have in finding meal alternatives to meat, or to go out for grocery shopping.
The Fridays of Lent remain days of prayer and penance. Those who are able to abstain from meat, should do so. Those who aren’t able to abstain, should perform some other act of penance.
An example of an alternative penance might to bear up silently and with calm under the extra-ordinary strains and burdens of being cooped up at home.
Solemnity of the Annunciation
Just a reminder: All of the Catholic faithful of the Archdiocese of Dubuque are invited to join in a day of fast, abstinence, and prayer on Wednesday, 25 March 2020; this is voluntary, not obligatory.
On that day, people ordinarily bound on Ash Wednesday to fast (only one full meal, taking less at the other meals) and abstain from meat are invited to make those same sacrifices. And as far as prayer is concerned, the Rosary is recommended as a powerful prayer, prayed alone or with others.
Our Holy Father Pope Francis has asked that, on that day, everyone who glories in the name Christian pray the Our Father to beg God: for speedy deliverance from the evil of the coronavirus; for those who are sick or who live in fear of infection; for those who care for the sick and elderly; for those who live in fear for their lives and livelihood: and that we might all remain calm and confident in God’s wisdom, power, and goodness.
Friday, 27 March 2020
This coming Friday, at 12 Noon local time, everyone is invited to participate spiritually via livestream (at vaticannews.va) in a special moment of prayer presided over by our Holy Father Pope Francis.
The Pope will be on the sagrato (front steps) of St. Peter’s Basilica. There will be readings from Sacred Scripture, prayers of supplication, and adoration of the Blessed Sacrament.
At the conclusion, the Holy Father will give a special urbi et orbi (to the city of Rome and to the world) blessing. Those who participate in the livestream can gain the plenary indulgence attached to the Pope’s blessing.
To gain the plenary indulgence, in addition to participating in the prayer service via livestream, it is required – as soon as possible – to go to Confession, receive Holy Communion, and pray (Our Father and Hail Mary) for the Holy Father’s intentions.